TUMMY TUCK BASICS
During the procedure, the muscles can be tightened if needed. A Tummy Tuck procedure can reduce the protrusion of the abdomen but does leave a permanent scar.
WHAT CAN I EXPECT
TUMMY TUCK BENEFITS
- A flat abdomen, tightening of loose skin and abdominal contouring.
- A boost in confidence and satisfaction with your new appearance.
- Abdominal tone that cannot be achieved through diet and exercise due to weakened abdominal muscles after pregnancy.
- A Tummy Tuck can have the added benefit of creating better posture, and improved tone.
- The correction of a Ventral Hernia, which happens when the intestine or abdominal tissue breaks through the abdominal muscles forming a pocket or sack. Once you develop a ventral hernia, it is very easy for it to happen again.
BEST CANDIDATES FOR TUMMY TUCKS
The ideal candidate for an Abdominoplasty is a healthy, physically fit individual who has excess skin and fat in the midsection that doesn’t respond to exercise. Typically, women who have experienced pregnancy or people who have had significant weight loss find their skin loses
Abdominoplasty is designed to contour the abdomen, making it flat and narrow; it is not a substitute for weight loss. It does remove loose skin that does not respond to diet and exercise.
How can we help you today?
GET TO KNOW YOUR DOCTOR
Dr. Stiller will evaluate your medical health and explain the surgical techniques available to you.
All of your questions related to the procedure will be answered as thoroughly as possible. Dr. Stiller will perform an examination of your trouble area at the consultation.
All procedures carry some uncertainty and risks.
- Numbness or sensation changes of the skin
- Some patients will require additional surgery
- There may be asymmetry in some areas.
- Pigmentation change of skin is possible
- Irregular contour may occur
Skin slough/necrosis: When wound edges are put together sometimes the skin edges can slough. Your body will heal it, but it may prolong the healing time. Smoking increases this risk
GETTING READY FOR SURGERY
AFTER THE SURGERY
Following surgery, you will likely have drainage from your incisions. Any discomfort you feel should be controlled with oral pain medications prescribed by Dr. Stiller. You can expect to feel tired and sore for a few days following the Abdominoplasty. Bruising and swelling is common and may take a few weeks to resolve.
Immediately after the surgery, we want you to get up and walk, and continue this light activity for the next few weeks.
You will begin feeling better in just a few weeks. You will need to wear compression garments for the first month after the procedure. Healing is a gradual process and it takes time. Please refrain from strenuous activity for one month. Depending on your job, you should be able to get back to work in a few days.
Dr. Stiller will direct you regarding resuming exercise and normal activities during your follow-up evaluations.