MOMMY MAKEOVER BASICS
A growing number of women are undergoing surgery known as the Mommy Makeover. Mothers want to stay young, feel young, and preserve the bodies they had before having children. A mommy makeover is multiple cosmetic surgeries that restore or improve post pregnancy bodies.
Typically, these surgeries focus on the breasts and abdomens. A mommy makeover might include a tummy tuck and a breast procedure such as an augmentation, lift or reduction. However, it is now unheard of for liposuction of the legs, arms or trunk to be performed in conjunction with buttocks lifts or surgery including the genitalia. This procedure is typically performed as a single stage procedure.
Women should consider mommy makeovers if their pregnancy has negatively affected the size and shape of their breasts or if they’re distressed about their sagging tummy and stretch marks. Surgery may also take place if pockets of fat on their waist, abdomen, arms or thights do not improve with diet and exercise.
PROCEDURES COMBINED TO MAKE A MOMMY MAKEOVER
- Body Lift
- Breast Lift
- Breast Augmentation
- Breast Reduction
- Brazilian Butt Lift
- Fat Grafting
- Non-Surgical Cosmetic Treatments.
Dr. Stiller and you will talk about the options you’re interested in and what procedures can provide the results you’re looking for. This collaborative process is designed to help you become well informed about your choices and allow you to make the best decision for your needs and goals.
BEST CANDIDATES FOR A MOMMY MAKEOVER
- You have sagging breasts, uneven breasts, decreased breast volume, drooping nipples and stretched areolas (the dark skin surrounding the nipple).
- Your breasts have become much larger after childbirth; therefore, they are out of proportion with the rest of your body and they cause back pain.
- Your tummy has loose skin and stretch marks and your waistline has become think and undefined.
- You had a C-section and now you have areas of fat hanging over your surgical scar.
- You have excess fat in the love-handle area as well as in the hips and thighs.
- You have early signs of aging in your face and around the eyes.
Mommy Makeover is a descriptive term, not a procedure, so your first step is to consult with your cosmetic surgeon and decide on the procedures you will undergo. You can call our office to schedule a Mommy Makeover consultation.
Please note that by clicking on this link you will be taken to a gallery page with sensitive material.